&t Sixfifteen @ Christ Church: How was Bible study?

Sixfifteen @ Christ Church

Welcome to the blog of the 6:15pm congregation at Christ Church Gladesville. It's a place to discuss Sunday's sermons and keep encouraging each other during the week.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

;!-- Begin .post -->

How was Bible study?

This week's passage was Romans 9:30-10:21, which is about the way that God's people, Israel, wanted to be right with God by obeying the law, and ignoring Jesus.

How was your group on Tuesday or Wednesday night? What was something that you learned from God's word? What was something that you prayed about? What was something that brought you real joy?

(Remember: if you make a comment now, you're kind-of a pioneer, since only about 4 people have ever commented here!)

2 Comments:

At 9:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone,
I have been listening to Romans on my way to work this week. There is something about listening to the bible read out that you miss when you are reading it for yourself. Anyway I was really struck by Pauls great desire for the Israelites to turn to God and be saved. It was as though looking at the Israelites unbelief was physically painful for Paul and he was crying out to God to save them. Reflecting on this I felt quite rebuked. Do I have that same desire to see my non christian family and friends saved? Do I earnestly cry out to God to save them? I think I need to apologise to God and ask him to change me and like Paul to deeply desire those around meto be saved.

 
At 9:18 am, Blogger Ben said...

Good comment, um... anonymous. You can leave just your first name (or a made up name) by clicking the 'Other' radio button and filling in your name in the field.

I completely agree with you about feeling quite rebuked. It really is Paul's heart's desire that the Jews be saved. It's interesting that his heart's desire is right beside his prayer. I feel pushed to pray more faithfully for those I want to be saved (everyone I know, I guess). Because I do want them to be saved, but I don't prayer for them with the passion that's on show in Paul in chapter 10.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home