&t Sixfifteen @ Christ Church: Online Bible Talks

Sixfifteen @ Christ Church

Welcome to the blog of the 6:15pm congregation at Christ Church Gladesville. It's a place to discuss Sunday's sermons and keep encouraging each other during the week.

Monday, September 25, 2006

;!-- Begin .post -->

Online Bible Talks

There is a wealth of fantastic sermons online these days. Heaps of churches make their talks available for free, and they're easy to listen to in the car, on the way to work or uni, or while your cleaning up at home.

Here's a list of great talk sites, all of which are free. Included are the sites that Toby featured at church recently.

Christ Church Gladesville
Central Coast Evangelical Church - From Andrew Heard & Craig Dobbie (formerly of Gladesville fame).
John Piper - Topical sermons from one of the masters.
Tim Keller - Sermons from Redeemer Presbyterian, New York.
Sydney Anglicans - Great sermons from some of the great Sydney Anglican Preacher.
Capitol Hill Baptist - Mark Dever with an overview of Old Testament.
All Souls, Langham Place - Rico Tice & John Stott - top stuff.

So get iTunes, or something similar, and get growing!

1 Comments:

At 10:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Ben - and thanks for the links... listening to talks during the week is a great way to be encouraged and challenged, and to learn more about God from His word...

I listen to talks in the car, or when I take the dog for a walk, or when I'm just doing sorting and tidying stuff around the house...

I must admit that often my motivation for listening is more out of a desire to multi-task my activities, and to make my driving and walking time more productive, rather than out of a burning desire to hear God's word.

But usually the reason I'm not really in the mood to listen to talks is because I'm too caught up in myself and in my week and too caught up in worldly thinking... It's often at those times that I'm encouraged the most by what I hear.

Hearing God's word taught helps to focus my thoughts off myself and back on things of the Kingdom - and helps to give me a right perspective to continue the week with... It encourages me to keep going in Christ that day, that week and for always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home